We’re not biased, but… wedding photography blogs are awesome! A blog can really add something to your work as a wedding photographer, but why should you have one, and what should you do to ensure it stays on track once you’ve started it up? These are important questions that we may be able to help you answer for yourself.
Firstly, why have a wedding photography blog?
- A blog can help to showcase who you are as a photographer, build your own brand and give potential clients a great insight into the work you’ve done in the past. This way, they can see what your unique style is like and how it could apply to them.
- You can use your blog to draw attention to your best photos and really highlight particularly successful shoots you have worked on. This makes your blog the perfect online portfolio.
- Another use for your blog is to share your existing work with your clients, and they can then share the links themselves. That’s adding to the level of service you’ve provided, plus they will drive more online traffic straight to you.
- A blog can also help your website perform better on organic search results pages, as the likes of Google are big fans of fresh, regularly updated content. This means more potential customers can find and engage with you.
Sound like a good idea? A blog is actually a really easy way to put resources you already have to good use. It’s not complicated to set up, but how can you make sure you don’t go astray while managing it?
A few tips of ours would include the following…
- Always keep in mind the reason you created your blog, as well as the audience you are speaking to, and stick to that purpose
- Don’t forget to keep up regular posts, as this makes it look like you care about your work and your clients
- Remember to be as creative as possible and infuse your imagination and artistic talent with everything on your blog
- Make sure you add value whenever you create or share content, making use of the fact that you are an expert in the field of wedding photography
- Support your blog with a good social media presence to make sure people can easily see and read about your work
- Ensure there is a simple way for all your readers to get in touch if they are interested in hiring you or seeing more examples of your work!